Header AD

Automatik Hit: Galactik FiestaMatik

I’m occasionally humming broken tunes of Rico Blanco’s ‘Amats’ these days, which is very much expected in my case, especially for an unfamiliarly endearing hit of ethnic, punk, and folk sound all rolled into one. These LSS times just remind me of how ungifted I am for not having that gift of music I wish I had. Well at least I'm blessed with these ears to enjoy these kinds of grand.


‘Amats’ is the first single off Galactik FiestaMatik, the second solo album from this madly unpredictable songwriter at his finest. Aside from its totally unique, unconventional yet refreshing arrangement, this single hits me with its nifty, roughly saccharine, and not-to-mention, relatable lyrics. The first time it struck my ears was no moment of silence. It was an insane eagerness of thought-recompilation trying to insensate myself after shattering every bit of my musical sensibility for overreacting to it after the first hear. Mind you, it’s unusual for me to have this music high this high. So, obvious naman diba ang amats ko sa kantang ‘to, kakaiba. Plus, bonus points for having Megan Young in the vid.

Btw, Galactik FiestaMatik’s launch will be on September 5 at Teatrino Greenhills. Finally, ’Amats’ is currently at #12 in MYX Hit Chart. Who says OPM is dead now?

Automatik Hit: Galactik FiestaMatik Automatik Hit: Galactik FiestaMatik Reviewed by Olivr Salangad on 8:14 AM Rating: 5

5 comments

  1. di ako familiar sa songs nya peo kilala koo sya sa name cute ng pic lakas maka korean

    ReplyDelete
  2. ethnic, punk, and folk sound.. awww, seems like a great piece of music~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every Rico Blanco hit is automatically a favorite. I've been in love with Rico since Rivermaya glorious days. And oh, kahit ganitong genre na tinutugtog nya, kinikilig parin ako :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rico wasn't too bad at all for a first listen....

    ReplyDelete
  5. After exploring a number οf the blog аrticleѕ on your sіte, I honeѕtly
    apρreсiate your tесhnique of blogging.
    I bοoκ-marked it to my bookmаrk webѕitе liѕt and will be
    cheсking back soon. Takе a loоk at my website as well and
    let me κnow how you feel.
    Here is my page ; gift chocolates

    ReplyDelete

Post AD