Header AD

Ina Kapatid Anak Soundtrack


‘Ngayon at Kailanman’ is one of my favorite love songs of all time, not to mention, it's created by my all-time favorite composer, Sir George Canseco. This Basil Valdez masterpiece, which was released long before I was even born, never fails to twiddle with those heartstrings bringing back some buried, well-kept, forgotten memories. Occasionally, I find myself that certain need to quench my thirst to hear it, for some lovely reasons, on some lovely times. 

Meanwhile, it’s not a huge secret that ‘Ngayon at Kailanman’ is a hugely covered song. People have that established tradition of blatantly utilizing its artistic and commercial success including its cultural and social significance to feed their selfish and materialistic aims, time and time again. Throughout history, the local music industry has already witnessed various versions from different artists such as Sharon Cuneta, Regine Velasquez, Agot Isidro, Mark Bautista, Vina Morales, among others-- a trend which suckingly sucks. Their interpretations were fine, good, but the idea of reviving it all over again is just lame. People are getting less and less imaginative and motivated to create something new. 

Recently, further lambasting this classic hit is the remake by Ariel Rivera which will be used as the soundtrack for the upcoming series ‘Ina Kapatid Anak’ topbilled by Kim Chiu and Maja Savador. Unfortunately, this nth version caused me to reach my saturation adoration point for this song. I’m sort of fluffed up hearing a favorite song always wrapped into a new package again and again. And the degree of my love for it spins too. Sadly, I’m meaning a negative spin by that. I’m not sure, I tend to love it lesser than before. I'll be needing to seal this song in a box, keep it unmoved for years, before giving it back the love I used to feel towards it before, the love it truly deserves.



Ina Kapatid Anak Soundtrack Ina Kapatid Anak Soundtrack Reviewed by Oliver Salangad on 1:20 AM Rating: 5

11 comments

  1. I'm afraid all that I can say is that the above pair are quite beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crush ko yung babaeng nakaputi. Sino siya? LOL...Basta crush ko na siya noon pa man hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the expression of kim here..:) I think this is for Ina Anak at Kapatid...but not sure...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite songs... And my favorite version of this song is still Ariel Rivera's. I believe he first covered the song during mid 90s when he did that movie with Sharon Cuneta. Di ko makalimutan iyon kasi sobra akong nagandahan sa version niya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^jag, the girl in white is maja salvador :)


    i love and adore this song too.. a true filipino classic. nothing can beat the original version :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avoid mo na lang marinig ang cover hehe. Ako rin gusto ko itong song na ito pero yung original lang ang pinakikinggan ko. Siguro kung kinakanta to sa mga singing contest, OK pa pakinggan, pero pag cover version, SKIP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love them both and that song was really great maybe thats why i was mostly used as a theme song

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow..ang lalim ng thoughts mo tol abt this one..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing post in this blog. Hope more people reaching your blog because you are sharing a good information. I noticed some useful tips from this post. Thanks for sharing this.......... Free PPI Advisors

    ReplyDelete

Post AD