December 23, 2010

Lumangoy sa alaala ko (Olivr's Top 10 Songs of 2010)


Despite the horrendous traffic jam in the airwaves due to the massive get off of those filthy trashes as we face the new decade, a few valuable hits has found their way to surface and grace the radio with some good sound treat. So to say, here is the list of the top 10 singles for 2010, according to my ever reliable taste. I actually had hard time picking ten since a few more options were running in my head. I had to re-think and re-listen again and again on the songs to narrow down and come up with the rankings. So,

10. Mumford & Sons – Little Lion Man. This is the single I could pour my heart out while listening to. There are those times when we can’t find the courage to do something and we end up blaming ourselves for not trying. And I have a fair share at that.

9. Hale – Kalesa. ‘Kalesa’ is a feel-good tune for good people, basically, ‘Pitong Araw’ Part 2.

8. The Wanted – All Time Low. I’m not generally a sad person but and this doesn't necessarily refelected in my choice of music. This single is not sad itself, though. I just feel the need to give it an ear during those desperate times.

7. Tanya Markova – Disney. Talk about splendidly warped imagination packed in a creatively written single of slyly humorous genre. 

6. Train – Hey Soul Sister. Modern classic. Catchy, tone-wise. When I first heard this on the radio, I felt sad for the dead. Literally, they missed a huge part of their party life. 

5. Taio Cruz – Dynamite. The most explosive thing that ever happened this year. Though, ‘Dynamite’ is essentially empty, both lyrically and musically. It’s not the usual deep single destined to be loved by deep diggers of deeply meaningful lyrics. For once, let’s not be deep, but settle for its catchy commercial appeal and its hugely infectious chorus.

4. Parokya ni Edgar – Pakiusap Lang (Lasingin Nyo Ako). Just the right dose of drama, if you wish.

3. Mike Posner – Please Don’t Go. Plainly relaxing. This offers a smooth, vulnerable Mike Posner vocal line bearing an incredible riff that would go on your head for weeks.

2. Avenged Sevenfold – Nightmare. This single validates A7X’s music mastery. Rev must be proud at this.

1. Sugarfree – Hangover. This song will always remind of how I deeply fell in love with NU107. This will be wedged forever in my heart. There are certain things which are just too hard to forget and move from. 


No comments:

Post a Comment