January 1, 2018

2017’s 17 Most Essential Anthems

Oftentimes, I write not only because I have a plenty of spare time but because I have more plenty of those little things going on inside my head that needs to flow out. These writings are not necessarily for everyone to read, but for me to simply vent out especially when pieces of it significantly stagnate beyond my head’s capacity to hold. This, being one of those instances. And this space right here has been a constant catch basin for such trashes, a bittersweet reminder that every time there seems to be nowhere else to go, there is this place.

Photo Credit
2017 has been nothing but a year I would love to just forget; pretty much nothing good to look back at except for a few things, music included. For countless of times, I find comfort and solace in music, especially during those pessimistic episodes I occasionally indulge myself into. No matter how shitty things could go, such pieces magically speak those things I need to hear as well as those feelings I need to feel. And with this year that was, majority in solitary hours of drowning in Chemistry in conjunction to the 2017 board exam, I’m truly grateful to have the following gems with me always on the background:

2. Ben&Ben – Leaves
3. 3D – Burnout
4. Autotelic – Laro
5. Agsunta – Wala nang Lusot/ Patawad na
6. Moira Dela Torre & Quest – Huling Gabi
7. Reese Lansangan – For the Fickle
8. TJ Monterde – Dating Tayo
10. Ely Buendia & Itchyworms – Lutang  
11. December Avenue – Sa Ngalan ng Pag-ibig
12. Keiko Necesario – Forever Alive
13. Sud – Di Makatulog
14. Louis Tomlinson – Back To You
15. Ed Sheeran – Perfect
16. Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson - Symphony
17. Khalid – Young Dumb, Broke




No comments:

Post a Comment