April 17, 2014

Augustana | Youth is Wasted on the Young

I’m having trouble writing lately, because honestly I can’t be honest, especially that this space is the last of its kind where I could at least be honest, so I don’t really want to be dishonest here. Nevertheless, I felt that strong urge to write right now, the same way an alcoholic man feels opening that door to an empty, loveless apartment, clutching another drink, in his cold twitching hands. Basically, this is just another night of me in tune of this thing playing heavily on my mind, in sort of cinematic highlight reel where shit is just easier to understand. To cut whatever long thing this could be, Augustana’s ‘Youth is Wasted on the Young’ lyrics are the tastiest/most relevant shit I’ve heard over my recent memory, allowing me to view myself of that baggage (or the lack of it) of my perception of who I am today compared to who I’ll be 10 or 20 years from now. Pretty much of a good reminder for me and you right there.


No comments:

Post a Comment